Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

So Halloween has come and gone and I am beginning to remember why the holiday kind of bugs me. I just think of my parents and I wonder if they felt the same way? So now my kids have like 100 pounds of candy and 24 hours a day they want to eat it. First thing in the morning I hear "can I have candy?". I mean really...do they think I am crazy enough to feed them candy for breakfast? I then get to the point where I almost want to just let them eat it all so that I don't have to look at it anymore. So for the next few weeks I will just deal with the constant hounding..."can I have candy...mommy...mommy" because I am sure someday I will wish that I could hear those little voices asking me for things. Ellie actually said to me on Saturday when I said she couldn't have candy until she ate her cucumbers.."Mommy...are you trying to KILL me??" as she laid on the floor as though she were bleeding to death. I don't know about you but I have never heard of anyone dying from lack of candy...but there is always a first for everything. I love my kids and I really do love Halloween but I can't help but wish we got Money instead of candy...that would be GREAT !!!

6 comments:

Steph said...

I thought you loved Halloween like Kathy! I HATE Halloween because of the candy issue. They get oodles from school and church (Hello!) and we have leftovers I bought. So, my kids are the only kids in Oakley who don't go to trunk or treat. They choose their five favorite "grandmas" and that's it. And Charity at 16 months is the worst asking for "candy." Hello there. And to top it off, I've been exercising and losing weight and tonight I just ate tons of peanut M&M's. See, it's evil!

Mimi said...

Do what I do...everyday I throw alittle bit away! It works with a one and three year old:)

kandi said...

Or you can do what Mindy T does...let them eat as much candy as they want for the first couple of days, then into the garbage it goes. She said that first thing this morning...it was all history. Not a bad idea. I just keep hoping that maybe one of my girls eats enough that it makes them sick and cures them of wanting candy...period. I'm bad, huh?

Tori said...

Or you could donate the candy to the bishop. He's looking for donations. I'm almost to that point. I'm trying to not eat the stuff, but since it is right there I'm having a hard time not eating it.

dlkenney said...

I have lucked out I guess....my kids only peice on their candy...It can last until Easter if I would stay out of it. I usually throw it away once Christmas gets here.

Brenna LaPray said...

Sarah, It looks like you just started a blog. Way to go. I love the little pumpkin. I just want to pick him up and bring him home with me. Now tell me again how many kids you have and their ages. It was fun chating with you on facebook. I think you're a doll. Take care.

At the dinosaur museum

At the dinosaur museum
My men